- 189120 - Accounts Receivable and Payroll Coordinator
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Accounts Receivable and Payroll Coordinator for an opening in Northampton, MA.
This position is responsible for being the Accounts Receivable (AR) Lead (cash accounting, application, reporting, billing and collections) in addition to performing accounting tasks in support of Cost Accounting (Cycle Counts, Transfers). Provides Site Support for Shared Services payroll and other accounting tasks as required.
• Provides site support for employee status changes in the daily TASOUT files to ensure accurate data changes. Request Shared Services updates to in-house computerized database and assist and support FAs with site auditing of labor reporting and Shared Services payroll.
• Review Deltek weekly timesheets for the site. Contact the appropriate Supervisor to verify/correct any discrepancies to company policy or the collective bargaining agreement. Assist Shared Services with export of timesheets to CostPoint, generate various reports and posting of timesheets.
• Assist Shared Services with processing weekly payroll to include reviewing and correcting timesheets, obtain various weekly payroll from Cognos. Including weekly labor, final edits, unpaid reports, gross wages and monthly labor. Validate hours in PS to payroll processing. Balance Wage Type Reports to CP weekly labor reports. Facilitate with providing Wage Type Reports to Cost Accounting and Financial Analyst as required.
• Provide site assistance to maintain Deltek administration, new hires, terms, annual timesheets updates for new year, setting up holidays. Maintain various data report with new hires and terminations.
• Assist Shared Services with processing any correcting timesheets for indirect projects and correcting hours in PS with replacement records.
• Review and issue monthly PTO accrual report.
• Prepare commercial invoices and submit to customers for payment. Submit all USG invoices (Public Vouchers, Progress Payments and shipments) via WAWF (USG web based invoicing). Submit intercompany invoices through IBS. Verify and record all invoiced items to applicable contract line items before submission.
• Maintain the Cost Point Accounts Receivable system, posting all invoices and cash receipts to customer records. Prepare and distribute daily cash receipts report and month end A/R aging and A/R reconciliation reports.
• Maintain monthly invoice log and issue weekly reports.
• Prepare monthly cash receipts forecast, status forecasted payments regularly, and follow-up on overdue accounts, interfacing directly with customers or through the Contracts Administrators.
• Handle sensitive associate personal information consistent with privacy laws.
• Perform other clerical duties related to weekly payroll processing and customer invoicing/AR.
• Maintain the Petty Cash account.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
4+ years in Accounting/Payroll; experience with computerized Payroll services
• Must be detailed oriented, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Strong organizational skills, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Works well in a team environment
Accredited Associate’ Degree + specialized accounting training, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.