- 189141 - Engineer Technician
- $15 to $18.00 DOE
- 4 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Technician for an opening in Sarasota, FL.
Maintain, modify and constructs production and test equipment for the MRO and some manufacturing operations
• Commissioning generator test cells; including, running wire, cable, conduit, plumbing, etc.
• Retrofitting SRQ generator test cells for critical backup capability.
• Assist in physically setting up manufacturing lines for Polaris per the approved facility layout.
• Upgrading and standardizing test cells to meet relevant SRQ and HSE standards.
• Able to work with individuals/teams at all levels of the organization.
• Innovative and able to propose cost-efficient solutions to technical challenges.
• Possess excellent general mechanical or electrical hands-on skills.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Production Supervisor
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• 3 years minimum experience in industrial, plant maintenance, manufacturing, or in another technical environment.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
• Must be able to purchase mechanics tool kit.
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, squat, stoop, and bend.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.