- 189206 - HR Benefits Specialist
- Kansas City
- $20.37 to $23.33 DOE
- 8 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a HR Support Specialist for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
This role provides high level administrative support to various functions within the Human Resources Department, while being a part of a high performing team that strives to exemplify teamwork, communication, process improvement and agents of change. Below is an outline of responsibilities for this role:
• Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: 401(k) plan, defined benefit retirement plan, medical/dental, income protection, disability, leave of absence, etc.
• Assists with annual open enrollment period. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, communicates changes to employees. Conducts employee presentations.
• Member of the HR Support group. The HR Support group takes inbound calls from employees, retirees and other external contacts for day to day HR related inquiries. Members of this group are trained in very specific areas and provided the appropriate resources to field all types of benefits inquiries and other general HR and company related inquiries.
• Acts as liaison between employee and insurance providers to resolve benefits related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
• Assists in updating HR policies, drafting HR communication, intranet/SharePoint site updates, assist in communicating employee changes to vendors.
• Provides administrative support duties such as: employment verifications, file maintenance, correspondence generation, benefits administration data processing and updating benefits transactions and employee eligibility
• Adhere to all benefit guidelines and internal controls to comply with company policy and bargaining agreements.
• Perform additional support to the HR department as needed.
At least three years of high-level administrative experience is required, benefits administration is preferred. Benefits experience is a plus and related clerical experience working in office/operations environments, customer service and/or human resource related field is preferred. Demonstrated experience working as a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills, a customer service/customer experience focus and a focus on process improvement is required. Some PeopleSoft experience or related HR Systems experience is preferred. Must have good customer service skills and excellent telephone presence and the ability to deal with high stress situations. Demonstrated experience with handling confidential material and interacting with both internal and external customers is highly desired for a candidate to be successful in this role. Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Candidate must be very detail oriented and must be able to deal with large volumes of data and maintain a high level of accuracy. Requires strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Some PeopleSoft experience or related HR Systems experience is preferred. Must have the ability to apply creative problem solving and sound reasoning. Must be able to deal well with customers, handle multiple priorities, and process information in an accurate, orderly and timely manner. Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team. Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Must have a valid driver's license. Requires successful completion of EEI Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) Testing. Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions. Occasionally some additional hours may be required. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, human resources, communications or other related field.
1st Shift, Monday through Friday 8:00a -5:00p
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.