- 189253 - Software Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $62.20 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ.
• Work closely with cross-functional team members to develop operational performance requirements, evaluate and develop interfaces between software and hardware components, and collaborate on the overall design of the system
• Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and testing
• Develop test plans, procedures and other relevant technical documentation
• Utilize modeling tools and equipment, conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results
• Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
• Utilize a variety of software languages (e.g., Java, Python, AngularJS and C++) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems
• 1 or more years of experience developing software with an object-oriented programming language. Examples include Java, C++ and C#
• At least 1 of the following:
-----> 1 or more years of experience leveraging DevOps tooling. Some examples include Jenkins, Maven & Gradle
------> 1 or more years of experience with containers and their orchestration (e.g., Docker & Kubernetes)
-------> Networking experience - Understanding of DNS (e.g., bind, dnsmasq or similar), load-balancing and a demonstrated ability to configure and maintain a network infrastructure
• Exposure to software modeling, system interface and database design
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.