- 189259 - Sr Specialist - Design
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $50 to $65.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr Specialist – Design for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
Working with scientists/engineers, leads or assists in the design, analysis, development, fabrication, assembly, testing, and installation of equipment and systems. Works independently with minimal guidance and supervision needed. Provides advanced, specialized technical services to an individual or group engaged in the scientific or engineering investigation of a project or program. Combines highly advanced knowledge and skills in applying technical concepts in areas such as design, analysis and remedy of system problems, fabrication or testing of special materials, components or systems which may require both standard and unique methods, techniques, procedures, operation or processes. The consequence of errors has major impact at this level. Wide application of principles, theories and concepts in a field plus working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Takes substantial responsibility for the design and/or fabrication and fielding of research hardware. Converts scientific concepts into a hardware reality. A scientist describes the desired product or results and incumbent develops a concept, plans, and executes activities. Coordinates the design, analysis, procurement, construction, assembly, and checkout of equipment required for product or experimental programs.
Incumbent typically works for a project manager, staff engineer or physicist or, or acts as project manager her/himself. Performs functions in a leadership capacity; works with very limited guidance, direction or review, taking general concepts and rudimentary design parameters to design/develop equipment, tests, assemblies, etc. to meet engineering requirements.
• Design mechanical and electrical systems for large equipment
• Set-up, or supervise, an experiment in the lab, and analyze results with enough understanding of the results to make modifications or offer suggestions for additional analysis or testing.
• Install diagnostics and complete the set-up for testing.
• Identify solutions to problems.
• Prepare and submit for review task or project progress reports.
• Obtain project deliverables, overseeing the necessary processes to insure deliverables form, fit and function.
• Effectively communicate with customers (internal/external).
• Execute project management skills; accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
• Take an approved concept and either create a drawing package and fabricate parts, or supervise the process.
• Anticipate, plan, and manage manpower requirements.
• Understand the company’s Quality Assurance Program and apply appropriate quality standards to a specific program.
• Recognize potential business/work and communicate to appropriate level.
• Work with, and sometimes lead, a team of technicians, engineers and/or scientist (design, analysis, fabrication, assembly, test, and/or installation)
• Comfortable with mechanical and structural analysis
• Familiarity with FEA
• Theoretical understanding and practical application of one or a combination of the following: electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical disciplines.
• Experience with electrical system design
• Experience with vacuum system design
• Experience with water/oil tank design
• Experience designing physically large parts and assemblies with thousands of parts
• Experience in electric field analysis is a plus
• Produce engineering documentation such as flow charts, block diagrams and schematics.
• Perform detailed mathematical calculations to establish trajectory adequacy and model dimensional consistency.
• Skilled at use of design tools such as ProEngineer, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Teamcenter, LabVIEW, Schematic
• Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
• Use MS Office products.
• Comfortable with PLM software
• Professional Engineer qualification is a plus
• Experience in Job Family: 10 Years
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.