- 189404 - Computer Systems Analyst 3
- Linthicum Heights
- $50.75 to $59.21 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst 3 for an opportunity in Linthicum Heights, MD.
• Perform as a Linux System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations.
• Support bare-metal and virtual machines.
• Install, harden, and patch Linux operating systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
• Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams, and hardware engineers.
• Associate’s degree and 11 years of work experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of work experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of work experience, or 13 years of work experience in lieu of a completed degree.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• Linux OS support experience.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked or standalone environment.
• Experience designing and architecting Redhat Linux server environments including but not limited to Satellite Server.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in IS related field.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
• Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
• Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities ; Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat “iptables”).
• Experience building custom “rpm” software packages for Redhat platforms.
• Windows (10) administration experience; Windows Server 2008/2012, 2016 experience.
• Group Policies(GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
• Solid writing skills and use of Wiki pages and Sharepoint sites for documentation.
Associate's Degree is required. See requirements.
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week. This position might entail traveling to or from BWI to Sykesville MD.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.