- 189467 - Mechanical Designer
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Designer for an opening in Arlington, TX.
• Plan, layout and revise detailed electrical parts, assemblies, and installation engineering drawings
from basic layouts, established references, and standard data such as structures, devices,
mechanics, electrical, or electronics
• Utilize computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Complete details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard
engineering drafting practices
• Prepare specifications for parts lists, assemblies, and installations
• Prepare complete production detail drawings
• Contribute design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing
Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
• Possess skills to prioritize assignments and flexibility to adjust to highest priorities depending on
the program needs
• Must be familiar with Mil Std 100 / 1000 and MIL 31000T, ANSI Y14 drawings standards and
aerospace documentation practices
Strongly preferred skills
• Experience in Model Based Design
• Working with additive manufacturing techniques
• Experience with documentation of designs for additive manufacturing
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 7 years recent relevant experience
9/80 work week
7AM TO 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.