- 189654 - DevOps Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $45 to $57.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a DevOps Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
DevOps Engineer will be working in Advanced Operations group within Software Engineering with focus on building, maintaining and monitoring DevOps environment including Atlassian Tools. DevOps Engineer shall develop and provide technical solution for Atlassian tool chain. This engineer requires an expertise in developing, maintaining and supporting automation workflow in JIRA and maintaining other Atlassian products. This experienced DevOps engineer will collaborate with development and operations team to build, test and deploy software in short, fast bursts
Will need to customize JIRA to improve the workflow and to generate historical data / performance reports. Introduce the best practices / workflow of the Atlassian tools to maximize the efficiency. Provide the recommendation and enhancement of the systems and processes.
1.Design custom JIRA workflow for different issue types to assist in automation of build and continuous integration workflow.
2. Develop custom queries using REST API to extend the JIRA capabilities for reporting & notification schemes.
3. Perform the duties of JIRA maintenance, administration and upgrade and enhancements.
4. Create JIRA dashboards, queries and reports to track various historical data points and performance.
5. Set up the integration between JIRA, Bamboo and Bitbucket for improving the build and PR views/notifications
6. Support builds execution, monitor and fix build errors in association with development and IT
7. Automate report generation for performance tracking.
8. Manage the changes to workflows and fields, JQL scripting and reporting¬
9. Set up build, release, test and monitoring process for CI/CD pipeline
10. Develop user training and technical support as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to be proficient in Atlassian tools and have significant experience in the Bitbucket deployment. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
1. Must have significant exposure to with Atlassian products, especially JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket and version control git/GitHub/GitLab
2. Extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of setting up, configuring and managing Atlassian Suite
3. Strong experience with Windows-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS/Azure a plus.
4.Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, JIRA Power scripts
5. Requires extensive understanding of Configure, manage and enhance JIRA tools including native functionality, testing and implementing plugins.
6. Experience in System Administration preferably Windows, VM configuration/ allocation
6. Must have effective communication skills and be able to work as a mem
7. Strong experience in customization to extend Jira beyond its standard capabilities
8. Experience using Agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
9. Experience with consolidation of multiple JIRA servers and/or migration
10. Knowledge of Containerization (Docker), Ansible/Puppet, Monitoring Tools and IaC a plus
11. Must have effective communication skills and be able to work as a member to a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
12. Must work on site
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.