- 189658 - Engineer Structural 2
- $75 to $85.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Engineer Structural 2 for an opportunity in Clearfield, UT.
• Highly motivated analysis engineer with composite and metalic structures experience for military and/or commercial aircraft.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to static and dynamic analysis of composite structures, bonded and bolted assemblies
• The candidate also have experience with composite material mechanical characterization and dynamic testing (modal, forced vibe acoustic etc.) of coupon and subelements.
• Ability to define and lead characterization and test activities, including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
• Experience in internal loads and how to apply them to Finite Element Models
• Ability to create project plans and track budges and schedules
• BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 8 years related experience in analysis engineering function
• Minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran, FEMAP, ABAQUS
• Static, dynamic and thermostructural analysis experience
• Test lab experience, including instrumentation and data reduction
• Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
• Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
• Experience with material review board (MRB)
• Proficiency with NX, FEMAP, Abaqus, Nastran, Patran
• Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
• Requirements definition and verification
• Constitutive Model Development and implementation
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.