- 189733 - Network Planning Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $60.65 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Network Planning Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ.
Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling. Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design. Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
• Lead the development of mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks ranging from the tactical edge to strategic core
• Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, formal validation, and fielding support.
• Decompose high-level business and system requirements into smaller detailed tasks to facilitate low-level network design. Interpret, Allocate, and Derive project requirements into design specifications.
• Perform Requirements Analysis using DOORS, UML, Model-Based Systems Engineering, and other system engineering practices.
• Research, design, and test complex wide-area computer networks to include both hardware and software. Hardware includes, but is not limited to, routers, switches, servers, inline encryptors, and modems.
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
• Participate on design teams for computing infrastructure, primarily as a computer network designer or architect.
• Participate in product selection, recommendation, design, deployment, integration and test.
• Investigate, develop and design the network architecture and assist the software application and development effort as it relates to the computing architecture.
• Configure Cisco Switches, Network Test, Network Security, Network Analyzer, Network Management systems
• Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components.
• Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
• Troubleshoot networking or design problems.
• Supports on-ship installation, troubleshooting, and system validation
• Review, recommend, and write updates to technical documentation in support of the US Navy.
• Maintain standards compliance
• Supports Cybersecurity analysis and documentation of large networked systems
• Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation.
• 4 + years related network design experience of mission-critical military/intelligence networks. Associated experience with Switching, Routing, Network Test/Troubleshooting, Network Security, Network Analysis.
• Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• Multiple engagements/experience with Systems Engineering discipline, process, and protocols. Ability to conceptualize, architect, design and specify complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence (C5I) Systems
• Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
• This position requires an advanced understanding of networking protocols, appropriate for mission-critical, near-real-time, military/intelligence networks. These include, but are not limited to:
o Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
o Simple-Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
o Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
o Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocols.
o Transmission Layer Security (TLS)
o Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
• A thorough understanding of all phases of network design is required.
• Cisco certification at the Associate level or above (e.g., CCNA)
• Experience with leading large/complex network projects and a successful history of task accomplishment
• Expertise with Network Architecture, Modelling, and Simulation tools.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®).
• Working knowledge of project management systems
• Familiarity and working knowledge of cost-based accounting systems.
• Windows and Linux administration expertise
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.