- 189815 - Manufacturing Engineer 3
- SC-South Carolina
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 3 for an opening in North Charleston, SC.
Develops and implements production and tooling methodologies. Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines. Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build. Leads and implements manufacturing plans. Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements. Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices. Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions. Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule. Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts. Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies.
• Perform the role of the Build Captain for their assigned Build Position/Cell. (i.e Main ME point of contact for the shop)
• Partner with IE to review upcoming Shift work (i.e. 24hr-72hr in advance) and identify any adjusting plan for unplanned re-work, or schedule changes that might impact the shipside support team.
• Assist with the development of any additional removals or redlines to the SRR SOIs/NC SOIs.
o Partner with the BSC ME/ MRSA Planning team to adjust the JV Build plan based on lessons learned/feedback from Operations team.
• Walk Airplane to Validate Protect the Product is in Place
• Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
• Utilize root cause analysis techniques
• Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems.
• Develops and implements production and tooling methodologies.
• Job Description
• Assists with processing and movement of production and other materials into and out of storage, production and other locations to support the flow of production following standard work instructions. Assists in monitoring work in process. Posts updates to automated systems to insure parts availability. Identifies problems or discrepancies with parts and materials. Assists within the work group to expedite and complete production activities to avoid schedule delays. Works under close supervision.
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 5 or more years’ experience, Master’s degree with 3 or more years’ experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Experience in assembly and production processes
• Experience with the following software programs: Velocity, Redars
• Experience with Commercial Aircraft
• Ability to work with a team
• Ability to use Velocity and Redars
• Able to be on feet for hours at a time
• Experience in Shipside and Technical support
• Ability to interpret specifications
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. ENG required
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Must be able to work variable shifts and weekends - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.