- 189857 - Resin Technician
- King of Prussia
- 7 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Resin Technician in King of Prussia, PA.
This position located in King of Prussia is responsible for supporting the growth of the acrylic resin business through application development and testing on existing and new products. A significant component of this role is the preparation and evaluation of polymeric materials.
Key Activies and Responsibilities:
- Testing: Prepare test specimens and perform mechanical tests including weathering, notched izod, Dynatup dart impact, melt flow rate etc. Perform measurements including optics, haze, gloss, etc
- Processing: Extrude, injection mold, compression mold, etc. polymer formulations.
- Data: Collect and work up data and present to scientists in a coherent, useful manner.
- Work with multiple Altuglas R&D engineers/scientists generating accurate and reliable data for specific projects.
- Maintain documentation system including lab notebooks and standard operating procedures for owned equipment
Work safely and actively participate in the KOP safety program
Context & Environment:
This is a key position within the Altuglas Resin R&D group. This position requires expertise in a wide range of areas, the ability to work independently, and managing work on multiple projects simultaneously. Day-to-day programs and priorities will come from the supervisor. Obtaining quality results in a timely manner while carrying out experiments within the set guidelines of Safe Operating Procedures, site safety rules, prudent laboratory practices, and departmental rules.
- Support the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participate in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Support and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
- Limited Travel (<5%)
- preferred experience in weathering
- preferred experience in injection molding, extrusion, and other polymer processing equipment.
- Demonstrated expertise in sample preparation and mechanical testing.
- Demonstrated expertise in generating accurate and reliable data in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- High school Diploma with 5+ years of experience in polymer R&D laboratories and good laboratory practices or BS/BA degree with 2+ years polymer processing experience and good laboratory practice
- Full time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.