- 189955 - Warehouse Associate
- SC-South Carolina
- 12 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Warehouse Associate in Lugoff, SC.
The primary function of a warehouse associate is to check in, separate, and put away inbound product, pick, pack, and ship outbound orders and move material within the warehouse. A warehouse associate must be able to read and follow a work order. A forklift or other lifting device is used to put away received product, pick orders, load shipments, and consolidate product. While there will be primary tasks to be performed based on work schedule and training, the warehouse associate position includes the possibility of performing any of the job functions in the distribution center including all inbound and outbound operations, material handling, and housekeeping. It is possible to perform multiple job functions during the same work shift. As a result, cross training in different job functions is necessary. Warehouse associates are required to clean workstations, sweep floors, and perform other housekeeping duties throughout the shift.
Essential Function of the Job:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds consistently and 75 pounds occasionally
- Overhead lifting
- Stooping/Bending to floor level
- Reaching and lifting
- Twisting left/right
- Walking and standing up to 12 hours
- Drive a forklift throughout the day
- Full range of motion involving neck movements
- Full range of motion with wrists
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to use calculator for accurate counts
- Ability to use radio frequency equipment (barcode scanners and tablets)
- Maintain excellent housekeeping
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work as a team player
- Additional duties may be required to support the business and will be directed by the supervisor.
- High School diploma
-1-3 years' experience in distribution environment
- Excellent attendance, safety, accuracy, and productivity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First shift
- 6:45 am - 3:30 pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.