- 190029 - Electrical Power Systems Design Engineer
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Electrical Power Systems Design Engineer for an opening in Kent, WA.
Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Position Responsibilities:
- Works under supervision to develop and document complex avionics, electronic and electrical system requirements/architectures
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Supports trade studies, analyzes results, and performs design reviews
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., power, harness routing and payloads)
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Delivers electrical sub-system components and supports integration
- Conducts tests and validates electrical system to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Must have a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Electrical power systems experience
- Space-related product / program experience (i.e. satellites, spacecraft, missile systems, etc.)
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.