- 190139 - Cyber Security Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $60.65 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ.
Serve as Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project teams
• Work with customers, management, and project teams to gather, comprehend, and clearly articulate security-related requirements, success criteria, and metrics
• Develop DOD security authorization package documentation including Platform IT (PIT) Designation requests, PIT Risk Acceptance (PRA), and Authority to Operate (ATO) under RMF for DOD projects
• Develop supporting documentation including System Security Plans (SSP), POA&Ms, Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS) reports, and artifact collections such as scan reports and checklists
• Review and assess compliance of client development projects against RMF security controls, assessing and documenting applicability/non-applicability, how the controls have been implemented, and risk mitigations
• Use automated scanning tools (i.e., Nessus and DISA SCC tool) and perform manual checks to assess security baseline of client developed projects against relevant DISA STIGs and SRGs
• Configure and apply antivirus tools to client developed systems as required
• Work with development teams to assess and remediate vulnerability findings when possible by applying patches and configuration settings
• Document open vulnerabilities (STIGs and patches) with justifications and/or remediation recommendations and create, track, and report POA&Ms to resolution
• Serve as liaison between client project teams and partner, customer, and DOD security personnel to clarify security requirements, report progress, and resolve issues
• Estimate and plan work efforts, evaluate risks, and develop and report key metrics for reporting to management
• Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve client project teams’ security efforts by being a trusted advisor, facilitator, and problem solver
• Rigorously document work procedures and train others to perform tasks as required
• Share best practices and identify opportunities to implement improvements to company engineering organization cybersecurity-related work instructions and project team procedures
Prior experience with vulnerability scanning and antivirus tools including Tenable Nessus, STIG viewer (and STIGs), DISA SCC tool and benchmarks, and McAfee
• Prior hands-on experience imaging, installing, patching, and configuring physical and virtual Windows and Linux operating systems and network devices
• Knowledge of DOD/DON cybersecurity compliance processes including DoD 8500.01, DODI 8510.01 / RMF Framework and controls, OPNAVINST 5239.1D, and DISA STIGs / SRGs
• Prior experience developing DOD/DON compliance documentation including PIT Designation, PRA, System Security Plans (SSP), and POA&Ms
Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows™, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®). Working knowledge of project management systems and AutoCAD Electrical.
• Works well individually or in a group setting
• Effectively works well with other employees
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Willingness to travel (15%)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or Cybersecurity
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.