- 190167 - Product Support Electrical Engineer
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Support Electrical Engineer for an opening in Alpharetta, GA.
Applies complex electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and manufacturing debug activities.
• Leads and conducts technical investigations, identifies root cause, conducts investigational test protocols, implements corrective actions, and develops investigation report.
• Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
• Considers design for manufacturing through all phases of the development process.
• Directly interfaces with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products
• Directly interfaces with Component Engineering and Purchasing teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
• Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation including, but not limited to, Engineering Change Proposals, and Engineering Change Notices.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving.
• Proficiency in operating electronics laboratory equipment including: digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes (DSO, Mixed Signal), logic analyzers, signal generators, DC power supplies, etc.
• Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring drawings.
• Troubleshooting hardware issues down to circuit card assembly (CCA) and component level, including analog, digital, mixed-signal, and power.
• Thorough understanding of circuit card design processes including requirements generation, preliminary design (block diagram generation, long lead part identification), detailed design (schematic generation, simulation, place & route), test plan generation, and integration & test.
• Effective and solid verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics.
• Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning.
• Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
• Completes assignments and projects within a set schedule.
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Designer.
• Experience with Cadence Allegro Design Entry CIS.
• Knowledge of analog and digital video standards.
• Knowledge of printed circuit board layout and fabrication, circuit card assembly process.
• Experience with high speed serial protocols.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Experience integrating with firmware/software and leading lab integration activities.
• Experience with testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.