- 190222 - Senior Mechanical Designer
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $50 to $65.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Mechanical Designer for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
Working with scientists and engineers, the candidate will lead or assist in the mechanical design, fabrication/procurement, assembly, testing, and field installation of one-off Pulse Power equipment and systems for DoD and DOE customers. The ideal candidate shall be able to apply advanced knowledge, skills, past experience, and working knowledge of related disciplines to solve a wide range of complex electromechanical design challenges for high-value/high-impact projects. One a day-to-day basis, the Senior Designer utilizes CAD software to create assembly and part drawings to convey design intent ranging from initial concepts to complete detailed fabrication drawing packages. Once drawings are completed, the Senior Designer is expected to follow the design through procurement and manufacturing, including providing guidance to client assembly technicians and supporting the resolution of any design/drawing issues that arise. Candidate will report to a project manager, staff engineer, or physicist on a daily basis but should be able to work independently with minimal guidance and be able to develop general conceptual designs into completed equipment,
assemblies, etc. to meet engineering requirements.
• Create and modify 3D CAD models and 2D drawings in Pro/Engineer to support project requirements
• Utilize Siemens Teamcenter PLM software for drawing configuration control
• Document designs and release new drawings and drawing revisions utilizing the company’s ISO-accredited document control process
• Work with engineers, scientists, technicians, and procurement staff to realize designs as deliverable hardware and assemblies
• Perform all work to company standards and in accordance with security protocols
• Prepare and submit progress reports to PM or other manager describing work performed
• Minimum 10+ years of experience with PTC Creo and/or Pro/Engineer required
• Comfortable with PLM software (Siemens Teamcenter preferred)
• Experience with drawing creation, modification, and review/release within an ISO quality system
• Experience designing physically large parts and assemblies with thousands of parts required
• Trained in GD&T and dimensioning per ASME Y14.5
• Past experience designing large weldments preferred
• Familiarity with mechanical and structural analysis of complex assemblies is a plus
• Theoretical understanding and practical application of one or a combination of the following: electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical disciplines.
• Experience with high voltage and/or high vacuum systems and water/oil tank design is a plus
• Experience with the design of linear accelerators or other large-scale high voltage, high current equipment desirable
• Able to use MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• US citizenship required, no dual citizenship
• Professional Engineer qualification is a plus
9/80 work schedule – flexible start time between 7:30 – 8:30AM – overtime is possible
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.