- 190276 - Instrument Technician
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $30 to $36.00 DOE
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Instrument Technician for an opening in Torrance, CA.
Need for an experienced INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN to calibrate electronic equipment used to support manufacturing operations. Will calibrate a variety of items including ESD workstations, power supplies, DVMs, power meters, lab standards, RF and high-voltage systems, and test stations used for RF amplifier and power component testing.
At least five years of experience performing equipment calibration
• AC/DC calibration experience verifying voltage, current, and resistance measurements of test equipment and standards
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment, utilizing schematics to carry out required equipment adjustments and minor repairs, is preferred
• Proficient in Ohms Law theory and measurement calculations
• PC proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Understanding of Mil Standard 45662A and ANSI Z540 calibration system requirements
• Experience writing and/or modifying calibration procedures
• Some computer programming experience would be helpful
An associate's degree in electronics is preferred
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.