- 190290 - Quality Control Analyst
- NC-North Carolina
- High Point
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Control Analyst for an opening in High Point, NC.
The Analyst I is responsible for the complete testing and results documentation of any of the following: Raw Materials, In-Process, Finished Product, Stability, Technical Service samples or projects within the QC Chemistry or Microbiology Laboratory, in a manner consistent with established standards.
Up to 10% Standardizations/ Preparatory Set Up
• Perform daily verifications of instruments such as balances, pH meters and IR as required by work instructions.
• Performs standardizations of volumetric/titrimetric solutions, and prepares dissolution media and HPLC mobile phase, among other solutions including microbiological solutions.
• Prepare media, collect purified water for testing and use the Autoclave for waste disposal.
Up to 80% Testing/Documentation:
• Perform core techniques or methods as assigned for testing on raw materials, in-process, release, stability, environmental or technical service samples or projects as assigned.
• May require guidance until proficient in analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and GC. Ensure that the calibration of critical laboratory equipment is current before use.
Up to 5% Housekeeping:
• Clean and organize all laboratory areas including bench, sinks, drawers, cabinets, solvent cabinets, fume hoods, refrigerators, freezers, desiccators and storage areas.
• Occasionally clean laboratory pipettes and other glassware.
• Maintain laboratory instruments disposing of wastes, cleaning them and replacing consumable parts as required.
• Dispose of solvent, acids and other wastes according to procedures and local regulations. Clean HPLC and dissolution systems after use.
Up to 5% Training and Development
• Participate in ongoing training for the development of skills and responsibility with an emphasis on technology.
• Assist training of other analysts in areas of expertise.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or related field and 0-5 years of related experience in an analytical laboratory setting, preferably in a Quality Control Laboratory in a GMP facility; or an Associate degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or related field with at least 5 years of experience in a Quality Control
Laboratory in a GMP facility.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.