- 190366 - Software Engineer
- Fort Rucker
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Fort Rucker, AL.
Improve performance of existing simulator models and algorithms.
• Define and create new simulation models using established techniques
• Designing, developing, coding, integrating and testing simulation software to meet requirements
• Designing computer architecture, simulator networks, software interfaces, and software infrastructure
• Understanding, and supporting Software compilation using a variety of tools
• Being responsible for operating systems installation and configuration
• Troubleshooting issues with computational equipment configuration and interfaces
• Configuring and troubleshooting networks of deliverable equipment
• Being responsible for requirements, design, development, integration, testing and verification of I/O, such as 1553, ARINC 429, and various other simulation interfaces
• Supporting software additions and testing of DIS interfaces.
reation and maintenance of coldstart procedures that are used to install and configure the OS on various Linux and Windows machines
• 6 years of direct software development experience post degree, C++ preferred
• Prefer 6 plus years Linux development environment
• Software Debugging
• Good communications skills
Good to have skills
• Previous simulation system experience
• Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Knowledge of, or willing to learn, virtualization solutions (VMware, KVM)
• Mid-level knowledge concerning compiling and linker infrastructure:
• Microsoft Visual C++
• GNU Compiler Collection
• Knowledgeable in Algorithm performance and design. Able to apply knowledge
• DIS/DDS experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.