- 190399 - Software Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Northampton, MA.
We are seeking a skilled engineer with a capability to work with multi-spectral video to implement new capabilities into our mission system software. The successful candidate will join an engineering team developing best-in-class software architectures, and real-time optical systems. They will also be responsible for a variety of software tasks including GUI Application programming and framework level programming. Responsibilities include designing, coding, documenting, and testing C++ code.
• Work within a dynamic team environment
• Design and implement software applications per engineering standards
• Produce new modular functionality in a real-time image processing system
• Maintain and improve existing code and processes
• Work with a variety of hardware and mission systems
• Experience in C/C++. Some Python experience is a plus.
• Experience working with IDEs. Some Qt experience is a plus.
• Object-Oriented C++, modern software design best practices.
• Experience with multithreaded applications
• Familiar with performance measurement and testing
Experience with CUDA, OpenCV, OpenGL, GUI development, etc.
• Experience with Communication Protocols such as Ethernet, RS232/422, 1553, GigE Vision, etc.
• Experience with Windows and Linux Development Environments
• Experience using configuration management tools such as JIRA, SVN, Git
• Experienced with software product lifecycle management and process improvement
• Experience working with distributed systems and inter-process communication
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a Computer Science background and 3+ years related experience, Graduate Degree with related focus, or equivalent professional experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.