- 190407 - Quality Inspector III
- 7 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector III for an opening in Sarasota, FL.
Provide Quality interface and expertise to the MRO team in Sarasota to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes the nonconformance management process and the implementation of the corresponding corrective / preventive actions.
• Provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the MRO Team relative to the collection and analysis of Quality data. This includes the preparation of reports of quality performance and improvement plans.
• Analyze organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
• Execute the initiatives of the organization in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, with all the documentation required. Provide expertise in Quality Control and process improvement tools and methods to targeted functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
• Participate in the internal Quality System Audits for the organization and manage follow-up corrective action.
• Participate in product sustaining activities and addressing customer complaints via the warranty return process. Efforts should primarily be targeted at the identification of customer expectations, repair capability reviews, evaluation of Maintenance Capability Evaluations, and work performed by QC Inspectors and Designated inspection.
• Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization.
• Contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality-related topics throughout the organization.
• Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans including the establishment of standards and procedures, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability. Manage Material Review Board activities to control nonconforming material, direct containment activities, provide timely material dispositions and implement effective root cause corrective actions.
• Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions.
• Participate in the design of gages, measurement instruments, and test equipment.
• Working with the Quality Manager, successfully host customer quality related activities including onsite audits, visits, production readiness assessments as well as quality activities via teleconference.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Maintaining profieciencies of Return to Service and inspection personnel as well as associated quality progams (calibration, shelf-life, scrap parts, training, etc.)
•A&P License or a previously held Repairman Certificate.
•Five years minimum quality experience with a working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 145 Regulations, statistical methods, problem solving, international quality standards, and continuous improvement tools
•Ability to travel up to 25%
•Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and electronic devices and their functional characteristics to aid in effective prevention, detection, disposition and root cause analysis
•Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.