- 190417 - Engineer Mechanical 3
- $62.34 to $77.93 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Mechanical 3 for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
• Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
• Perform detailed design tasks using CreoParametric 4.0 Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft
• Produce Mechanical drawings using industry standard GD&T processes
• Interface with Mechanical design and engineering team to produce efficient and manufacturable spacecraft parts and assemblies
• Mechanical Designer: Received a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and an equivalent of 6 years of applicable experience.
• Ability to perform mechanical tasks associated with design and manufacturing of structures.
• Experience with CAD design using CreoParametric.
• Experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft layout and design.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards and preparation of manufacturing documentation.
• Experience with 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and hands-on hardware fabrication.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.