- 190537 - Systems Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for an opening in Hazelwood, MO.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
• Main job responsibilities:
1. Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
2. Assess software and hardware needs to make design decisions for ground and training system architecture.
3. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
4. Generates design and architecture artifacts to support design reviews.
5. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
6. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
o 5+ years working on US AWACS platforms
o Experience with SysML Open Source Project or UML Unified Modeling Language
o Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
o Working knowledge of DOORS
o Earn Value Management (EVM)
o Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, engineering or technology
o 5+ years of experience with system testing, information assurance, data analytics, or computer technology
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, engineering or technology
o Ability to travel 10-20% of the time. May be up to 25%
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.