- 190570 - Formulations/R&D Scientist
- King of Prussia
- 6 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Formulations/R&D Scientist in King of Prussia, PA.
The person in this position will support new formulation developments, cell assembly, and testing. He/she will be responsible for preparing solvent-free formulations using high nickel active materials, binders, conductive carbons, and additives; casting and characterizing electrodes to achieve performance targets; building and testing cells, and helping with post-mortem analyses for identifying failure mechanisms. The person will be planning and safely conducting formulation and laboratory testing, setting up new equipment, performing data analysis, maintaining a well-organized research notebook, and contributing to reports for internal distribution.
1. Set up and prepare formulations, cast electrodes, and conduct testing in a safe manner consistent with SOP. 25%
2. Perform electrode characterization, data analysis and prepare reports in support of R&D activities. Help to identify product improvement opportunities for Battery Technology and Material. 25%
3. With Scientist supervision, plan and execute experimental programs. Prepare work plan, LHA, SOP, MOC, and support all Safety related activities. Submit samples for analytical testing and managing to get timely response. Summarize results for reports and file documents in appropriate databases. Arrange and coordinate outside commercial testing as needed for capabilities not available within Arkema. 25%
4. Perform a range of general support tasks including shipping of products or samples, preparing display boards for presentations, and purchasing of materials, supplies and unit modification. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and manage storage of materials and samples. 25%
The position is part of a team working on developing new suitable materials for fabricating next generation high-energy batteries. The candidate will work collaboratively with other staff at all levels in a hands-on laboratory research environment. A Battery Technology and Material Scientist will assign tasks and responsibilities (including day-to-day priorities). Management of multiple priorities and sometimes-changing priorities is a challenge that will require high flexibility and strong organizational skills.
Actively promotes safe behavior in the workgroup and takes responsibility for personal safe lab operations. Maintains clean, orderly, and safe working environment. Maintains documentation and equipment including testing equipment, process equipment, lab notebooks, electronic databases, and organized files. Plans and executes experimental work programs, analyzes data and documents results in reports, tables, and databases. Communicates project progress at the Team level both in writing and verbally. Learns and develops Lithium Ion Battery expertise to support R&D overall objectives.
1. Bachelor's degree with applicable experience in a lab technical environment or High School Diploma with 5+ years of applicable experience in a lab technical environment
2. Experience with aqueous formulations is a plus
3. Strong analytical/laboratory and mechanical skills, precision, attention to detail, and record keeping.
4. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
5. Proficient with computer software applications and data analysis (word, excel, etc.).
6. Excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, independent problem solver.
7. Per the DOE (Department of Energy) requirements, you must be a United States citizen
Bachelor's degree with applicable experience in a lab technical environment or High School Diploma with 5+ years of applicable experience in a lab technical environment
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.