- 190604 - Software Engineer
- Wright-Patterson AFB
- 8 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
- Support software development activities, execute technical tasks throughout the software development lifecycle, research new technologies, and adhere to best practices based on customer requirements and goals.
- Design and implement software modifications for new and existing Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) simulations.
- Support Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and LVC training and exercise events.
- Work with the SW engineering team to develop and/or integrate software components for application development, and conduct unit testing to ensure all unit-level requirements are satisfied. Duties will include executing all levels of testing and validation events as well as the test and build process to ensure that developed/integrated software components function and interoperate as required within and between systems.
In-depth knowledge of and experience with object-oriented programming in C/C++ and Java.
- Proficiency developing software on Windows and Red Hat and/or similar Linux systems.
- Experience developing software for LVC systems using DIS Protocol Data Units (PDUs).
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with flight simulation, aircraft systems and distributed simulation (DIS) is desirable.
- Experience with computer graphics (OpenGL or DirectX), networking and the GIT version control system, and knowledge of F-16, F-22, F-35 OFP systems and avionics is highly desirable.
- Experience following secure software development processes based from the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience with containerization and virtualization is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years’ or a Master’s and 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.