- 190613 - Computer Systems Analyst 3
- Up to $75.36 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst 3 for an opportunity in Linthicum, MD.
• Perform as primary Windows Systems Administrator for a large classified government contracts.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within RMF, STIG, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Windows Operating Systems support experience.
• Server management experience.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
•Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows domain architecture experience.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• VMWare experience with current version.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Rudimentary Scripting experience.
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Hyper-Converged Infrastructure experience such as Nutanix.
Associate's Degree is required. See requirements.
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.