- 190672 - Software Engineer 2
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 2 or an opening in Berkeley, MO.
As part of the Virtual Warfare Center (VWC) software engineering team, the selected engineer will work on various toolsets focused on virtual simulation and experimentation. The selected individual is responsible for developing capabilities for a variety of customers, both internal partners and external contracts. The primary toolsets are the Virtual Interactive Simulation Environment (VISE) which is a suite of simulations, components, tools and interfaces and Advanced Framework for Simulation (AFSIM). These toolsets are responsible for the Operator in the Loop (OITL) real time simulation experiments at the VWC. The selected engineer will have the opportunity to model platforms, sensors and emitters, communications, weapons and tactical systems as well as develop software to help with the analysis of the data captured during simulation execution. This position requires knowledge of Distributive Interactive Simulation (DIS) standards. The selected engineer will also be responsible for supporting large experimentation efforts such as JIAMDO, which will involve a number of advanced concept capabilities which are defined by the customer. Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management and software supplier management functions. Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision.
• As a member of the Virtual Warfare Center virtual simulation team the engineer will work with both the client development team and outside partners on a large scale federated simulation environment.
• This particular position will focus on our virtual experimentation toolset in support of support of both Internal Research and Development and Contractual Research and Development efforts.
• The engineer will be required to help determine requirements, develop simulation software, troubleshoot existing software and help create software designs and test plans.
• 1-3 years experience with Linux Development Environment
• 1-3 years experience with C++
• 1-3 years experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
• 1-3 years experience Agile SDLC methodology
• 1-3 years experience with operator in the loop real time Simulation
• 1-3 years experience with Distributive Interactive Simulation (DIS) standards
• Prior experience with QT
• Prior experience with MySQL
• Prior experience with AFSIM
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong team mentality and willingness to contribute
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 AM
Prefer local candidates; can start before end of May.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.