- 190741 - Technical Editor and Writer 1
- Saint Augustine
- $32.52 to $40.65 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking three Technical Editor and Writer 1's for an opportunity in Saint Augustine, FL.
Research, write, edit, and proofread engineering technical data to develop aircraft technical manuals. Analyze and develop detailed descriptions of aircraft components and procedures including the following: operator, maintenance, troubleshooting, fault isolation, checklists, technical directives, aircraft change directives, engineering change proposals, and reports.
• Work with Arbortext in a Common Source Database, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.x, and other applications to support desktop publishing.
• Scrutinize technical data leveraged from source data, engineering drawings, software description documents, test plans, design specifications/documentation, maintenance plans and designs, or engineering specifications.
• Oversee preparation of illustrative materials: select drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts.
• Conduct quality review of materials.
• Develop operational procedures, corrective maintenance, and diagnostics (troubleshooting) procedures for USN aircraft at the Organizational Level maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent is required with at least 2 years of experience
Must have high skill proficiency in MS Office products.
High school diploma/GED.
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.