- 190859 - IT Project Manger
- Kansas City
- 18 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a IT Project Manager for an opening in Kansas City, MO.
• Leads project teams in the implementation efforts for projects/programs lead by the PMO team, ensuring that they are accurate, secure and efficient.
• Tracks key project milestones, adjusting project plans and/or resources as indicated.
• Communicates project status to stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Creates project management documentation (project scope, project plans/schedules, project logs, status reports, issues management, etc).
• Ensures that project implementation (designs, development, testing plans, change orders, etc.) is documented following the Evergy PMO methodology.
• Directs and monitors work on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Facilitates issue resolution.
• Manages the contractual commitments, scopes of work, budgets, and time lines of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.• Working knowledge of standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to business functions/units.• Working knowledge of technology applications used in business functions/units.• Understands and considers the complexity and inter-relatedness of business functions and company technology applications.• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.• Leads large project teams effectively, promoting and supporting team work.• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to both business and technical problems.• Uses planning skills to manage and complete large, complex projects. • Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.• Strong written and oral communication skills, including giving formal presentations to different audiences.• Establishes and maintains effective consulting relationships.• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
Technical background and strong understanding of backbone infrastructure components including microwave, MPLS, DWDM, PLTE and fiber. o Professional level familiarity with equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to the wireless industry. This includes but is not limited to FCC requirements, spectrum requirements; licensed microwave and fiber backhaul; LTE (4G, 5G); site acquisition requirements; tower site build requirements, deployment (installation, testing, optimization, on-air dependencies), and vendor SOWs/deliverables; and network and RF Engineering SOWs/deliverables. o Professional level understanding of equipment, methodology, processes and terminology specific to fiber networks including easement and Right of Way requirements; building permit/zoning requirements; fiber vendor SOWs and deliverables (installation, testing, optimization); and fiber network electronics including DWDM. Experience with Utility Industry fiber networks is preferred including transmission/distribution OPGW and ADSS builds. Need to have experience working with Union techs. One hire needs experience with PLTE and one for fiber, DWDM, and MPLS will not be required that both positions have experience for all. Some same day travel may be required to other Evergy Locations. Mileage would be reimbursed.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 6 years IT experience in multiple areas, including 2 years managing projects in multiple technologies and functions.OR8 years IT experience, including 4 years managing project in multiple technologies and functions.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.