- 190860 - Sr System Safety Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Canoga Park
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. System Safety Engineer for an opening in Canoga Park, CA.
1. Assist AR reliability and system safety engineers with ensuring technical excellence of group's products. This includes adequacy of the tools, techniques, and processes.
2. Develop reliability and safety models for various systems and communicate results to company engineers and managers.
3. Complete failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Complete system safety hazard analysis.
5. Evaluate engineering designs and operational plans to identify potential hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications.
6. Provide design input to improve product reliability and safety when necessary - Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results 7. Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate testing failures and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques.
8. Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
9. Build a strong working relationship with the other Aerojet Rocketdyne employees to ensure that the group's capabilities are fully utilized and that the group's results are meeting customer needs.
10. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset.
11. Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and conversations.
* Ability to perform FMEA is required
* Ability to perform system safety hazard analysis is required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Strong work ethic and drive to succeed are required
* Ability to lead/perform risk management activities is preferred
* Product reliability testing and modeling capability is preferred
* Proven competency in root cause analysis preferred
* Familiarization with rocket propulsion and electric propulsion is preferred
* Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight is preferred
ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS TRADING
BS Engineering plus a minimum of 6 years of experience in the space industry related to the job description listed above.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.