- 190864 - Quality Analyst 3
- $29.03 to $36.29 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Analyst 3 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The main function of the RI SQA is to resolve issues real-time while co-working with the receiving inspectors. The RI SQA will have to be nimble/agile to work an array of issues related to both mechanical\electrical hardware and documentation. The position requires the ability to interface with inspection personnel, quality and design engineers, procurement agents and planning personnel. Other duties might be out of scope of the above description, but will be in scope of ensuring hardware is processed timely and accurately. The position reports to the SQE Manager but is “dotted line” to the RI manager and Containment Manager as situations warrant.
1. Work with RI personnel to resolve hardware issues. This will include validating noted discrepancies and, at times, interfacing with the responsible engineer for concurrence.
2. Work with RI personnel to resolve documentation-related issues. This may take the form of contacting the supplier to obtain a certification or a correction.
3. Interpret Quality Provisions.
4. Investigate/participate in containment exercises
5. Resolve discrepancies noted during Mission Assurance pedigree reviews using the SPARTA database).
6. Responsible for COTS hardware (fasteners, glues, chemicals, etc.) including working with the supplier to obtain corrective action.
7. Ensuring/training personnel to ensure NCs are correctly generated and contain the correct information including the tool(s) used to validate the nonconformance. This position is the “Second Opinion” to nonconformances.
8. Disposition MI-Type NCs to return discrepant hardware to the supplier. Includes facilitating the process by working with Procurement/Planning to obtain and RMA and necessary shipping documentation.
• High School Diploma
• 4-6 years of experience as a quality engineer or 8-10 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Specialist/Inspector.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with suppliers on a regular basis.
• Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems
• Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
• Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
• The ability to drive and evaluate supplier-provided root cause and corrective action
• The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and in a multi-discipline team environment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
• Proficiency with reading and interpreting engineering drawings
• Experience inspecting electrical cable assembly.
• Familiarity and experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements
• A sound understanding of GD&T and inspection techniques
High school diploma or equivalent/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week with every other Friday off
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.