- 190909 - Engineer Quality 1
- $40.38 to $50.47 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Quality 1 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
This position is for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) that is responsible for the evaluation and acceptance of electrical connectors and cable assemblies. The position requires an extensive knowledge in a wide variety of electrical connector hardware with the ability to evaluate connector anomalies and determine compliance with the governing specification. At times the Quality Control Technician will work with suppliers to drive root cause and corrective action
• A BSEE or BSME degree from an accredited university
• 2-4 years of experience as a quality engineer in aerospace industry.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with suppliers on a regular basis.
• Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems used to record inspection results
• Technical B.S. engineering or other technical degree (STEM)
• Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
• Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
• The ability to drive and evaluate supplier-provided root cause and corrective action
• The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and in a multi-discipline team environment, providing insight and solutions to complicated issues both technical and procedural.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
• Proficiency with reading and interpreting engineering drawings
• IPC-A-610 and/or IPC-A-620 Certification.
• Experience working with electrical cable assembly drawings.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work shift with every other Friday off.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.