- 190980 - Project Manager
- Up to $57.41 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking Project Manager for an opportunity in Naples, FL
Acts as manager with responsibility for the successful implementation of multiple Continuous
Improvement (CI) projects or phases of major projects. Stimulates management thinking about process improvements; champions new process initiatives; demonstrates the successful application of new methodologies; seeks out and pilots new tools, and creates innovative strategies.
1. Applies and leads CI initiatives to improve the efficiency of systems and processes within or across divisions and/or with corporate, supplier, and customer involvement. Establishes priorities and recommends actions by analyzing impact and coordinating project implementation with leadership.
2. Plans, initiates, and implements CI projects and activities of considerable scope, variety, and complexity for a division or across divisions, and including customers and suppliers. May be the primary CI contact at a plant location. Introduces new methods and integrates improvement activities across processes, product and/or multiple functions.
3. Provides technical and operational recommendations to division strategic plans for continuous improvement. Makes recommendations based on advanced knowledge of CI priorities for all processes, products, and functions. Conducts presentations to major customers and suppliers to influence and gain support for joint CI activities.
4. Develops project goals and ensures projects meet schedule, cost, results, and technical expectations through effective management and leadership. Determines feasibility and cost reduction goals of projects and may have budget responsibilities. Develops and manages project plans and schedules. Explains work methods and ensures project assignment completeness, timeliness, and accuracy for matrix teams.
5. Confers with team leaders, team members, suppliers, and customers about client lean manufacturing strategy, presents program status, and facilitates successful implementation by resolving problems and removing barriers. Plans and coordinates support activities across teams to drive CI.
6. Develops, selects, and/or customizes CI methods to effectively implement lean manufacturing for varied production and business processes. Serves as a functional expert, facilitator, and advisor to Client leaders, multi-discipline teams, customers, and suppliers.
7. Supports manufacturing and business processes through implementing changes derived from CI efforts. Applies statistical methods and analysis to improve process capability, reduce variation and optimize process breakthrough performance.
8. Verifies progress of CI initiatives, sustained cost/price reduction, and sustained quality and delivery ratings by implementing appropriate measures and systems to evaluate initiative progress and improvements.
9. Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements (e.g. FAA, environmental, safety, etc.). Advises management on needed actions.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, networking, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
Comprehensive knowledge of CI principles and philosophies in business and/or manufacturing operations that include areas such as: productivity and quality measurements; lean manufacturing systems; flexible, world class manufacturing techniques; specific problem solving tools and their application. Ability to lead and implement CI projects in critical and/or high impact areas. Proficient with management systems, methods and techniques to complete complex or major projects and provide status to the team at project milestones. Familiarity with manufacturing scheduling, material/planning and reporting systems. Ability to apply mathematical and analytical skills and to quantify results. Proficient in group facilitation and training delivery, selection, and evaluation. Knowledge of FAA standards and regulations, ATA standards, and other applicable military and federal regulations may be required. Ability to solve complex problems by applying in-depth analysis in creative and effective ways ensuring solutions are consistent with organizational objectives. Ability to exercise judgement within broadly defined practices and policies, and to read, analyze, and interpret complex policies and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to respond to significant inquiries and communicate effectively with team leaders, team members, customers, suppliers, project teams, and management and make effective and persuasive presentations on varied topics. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Overnight, long distance travel (including international travel) may be required, based on the individual needs of the position. The employee is occasionally required to move or carry computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.