- 190982 - Website Designer 2
- Newport News
- $28.51 to $37.51 DOE
- 12 months
Designs, configures and maintains the website for company's internal and external communications. Insures the website is available to the desired audience with appropriate links and security. Develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and procedures. Designs web page layout, graphics, color schemes and infrastructure to maintain a cohesive website based on the organizations communications strategies and goals. Researches and evaluates new related technologies.
2 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 0 Years relevant experience with Masters.
• Candidate must be flexible and have the ability to manage multiple high-priority projects at one time.
• Individual should be comfortable working independently and on a team to meet deadlines with little supervision.
• Candidate must be able to perform under pressure and be able to respond quickly to support emergency communications needs.
• Basic user experience (UX) principles
• Basic search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
• Open source content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress
• SharePoint site administration and content management
• Adobe Creative software
• Google analytics and other analytic reporting platforms
• Graphic Design
• Photo editing and manipulation
• Designing for mobile apps (iOS and Android)
• Experience writing copy for web using AP Style
• Knowledge of live streaming
Bachelor's Degree required. See requirements for equivalency.
School must be accredited.
7:30AM to 4PM
This person may occasionally need to drive personal vehicle to HII headquarters for meetings, approximately 1 mile from normal worksite.
This position has the opportunity for PART TIME remote work. Onsite work will be required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.