- 191068 - Cognitive Modeler
- Wright-Patterson AFB
- Up to $48.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cognitive Modeler for an opening in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
Develop models in the context of Human-Machine Teaming, fatigue and sustained attention performance impacts, and cognitive workload and multitasking.
Development of new models to address the continuously evolving capabilities of humans and machines. This work digitizes agents and produces readiness estimates for operators to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of training exercises and future operations.
· Experience developing and/or applying computational cognitive models and/or machine learning models within applied settings
· Experience developing models within the ACT-R cognitive architecture
· Experience with either Python, Java, C++, or other programming languages
· Ability to develop and debug nondeterministic, adaptive systems
· Applied knowledge in Data Mining / Automated Knowledge Acquisition, Representation and Reasoning Skills
· Ability to quickly prototype ideas solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems
· Work with an Agile mindset to create value across projects of multiple scopes and scale
· Excellent communication skills – oral, written, presenting, creation of report outs etc.
· Solution seeker, diligent with detail orientation, and a positive approach
· Experience in concept of Text to Speech or vice versa
· Experience Integrating conversational AI solutions into existing platform API’s
· Experience with developing dialogue interpreters for conversational patterns
· Experience modeling fatigue and sustained attention
· BS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related technical field (e.g. Cognitive Psychology) is required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.