- 191156 - Shipping Receiving Coordinator 1
- El Paso
- Up to $19.76 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 1 Shipping Receiving Coordinator 2 for an opportunity in El Paso, TX.
Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties; may work out of a central warehouse. Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting. Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements. Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment. (Un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents; reports materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges and routes merchandise to destinations.
Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contracts outside service facility for repair.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Compiles records of unfilled orders. Posts weight and shipping charges. Prepares bills of lading.
• Oversees the coordination of material shipments to and from other facilities.
• Oversees and supervises the unpacking, packing and inspection of parts.
• Oversees the stocking and storing of parts and products being shipped.
• Coordinates with Component Repair for shipments of repairable to and from the vendor.
• At direction of Materials Planning & Procurement, responsible for purchasing specified commodities.
• Manages the inventory system in accordance with Company practices and procedures, utilizing computer data information, shipping manifests and other reference materials.
• Maintains storage areas in compliance with DOT/FAA, OSHA, EPA and Company requirements
• Administer cycle counts and reconcile variances on a timely basis
• Resolve incoming receiving problems with the vendor or appropriate company personnel
• Available to be called in during irregular operations (nights/weekends/holidays)
• Available for required travel on a periodic basis
• Initiates parts pick lists for C-Checks and calendar inspections.
• Adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
• Labeling pre-dispensed materials pulled for shipments
• Final packaging of products for shipment
• Performing Inventory Cycle Counts
• Generating and sorting all shipping related documents and labels for daily Invoices
• Generating shipping airway bills
• Complete training in hazardous shipment requirements
• Dispensing all needed materials for daily shipments
• Primary contact for shipping carriers which includes inquiries for late, missing or damaged shipments
• Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of all shipping equipment
• Prepare orders for shipping
• Pull product off shelves via picking ticket
• Record lot number and quantity on picking ticket
• Pack product in the shipping box, ensuring the product is well protected
• Prepare shipping documents via carrier specified on picking ticket
• If international shipment ensure all correct customs documentation included
• Receives and unloads freight manually or with equipment
• Maintain shipping records and handle the paperwork associated with shipping duties
• Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean/orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Responsible for coordinating the shipment of assets to fill requirements by submitting shipping request and jurisdiction classification request for assets to be shipped to SEMA stateside and overseas locations.
• Liaison between transportation carriers to expedite shipping of HAZMAT and other assets to support program requirements.
• Coordinate with procurement management office, receiving and shipping elements of distribution center to obtain status of inbound and outbound property.
• Author and generate reports as needed for daily, weekly and monthly strategic meetings
• Responsible for designated assets locations to ensure proper storage, handling and inventory accuracy
• Shift work, weekend stand by duty and other duties assigned
High school Diploma or equivalent
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
4/10 work week
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.