- 191180 - Technical Editor and Writer 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $46.98 to $58.73 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking aTechnical Editor and Writer 2 for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical and customer specifications, processes, work instructions, checklists, guidelines, training materials etc. to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing subject matter experts, referring to technical specifications, and other related process content. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
• Research and obtain appropriate information through subject matter expert interviews for tasks.
• Perform writing, editorial, formatting, and proofreading tasks under strict deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
• Ensure documents are formatted and edited in accordance with the templates and style guide, requested specifications and contractual requirements, including development of any necessary illustrations, photographs, or other graphic representations.
• Ensure final materials clearly and effectively communicate the information and data.
• Analyze existing process content to identify extraneous information and opportunities for improvements or process streamlining.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
This position will help with around 80-90 documents to revise and pull important information to make them more concise and pulling out important details.
Technical, aerospace, local, experience with project management.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.