- 191233 - Flight Systems Administrator
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Edwards AFB
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Flight Systems Administratorr for an opening in Edwards AFB, CA.
Backups, restores, and disaster recovery of the system
• Hardware/system monitoring and performance tuning
• System/software/user maintenance and Maintaining system documentation
• Setting up administrator and service accounts
• Installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
• Interacting daily with users and acting as a Subject Matter Expert for the ALIS product suite
• Maintaining smooth, secure operation of multi-user computer systems through coordination with other administrative disciplines (security, database, network, and offboard mission Support)
• Training System Administrators and users on the ALIS system as needed
• Review processes/procedures, collect system operational data for analysis
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
Duties may also include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computer resources.
• Demonstrated system administration experience, which may include:
o Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (e.g., Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
o Disaster recovery: backups and restores of physical servers (Win2012) and virtual machines
o User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
o Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
o Maintaining/upgrading system hardware and startup/shutdown of rack components
o Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
o Experience troubleshooting Web Applications
o JBOSS (WildFly) Application Server Familiarity
o Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
o Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) systems and supported protocols
• Familiarity with Client products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
• Prior fighter aircraft maintenance experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.