- 191250 - Quality Engineer III
- $40 to $45.00 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Engineer III for an opening in Waco, TX.
• Responsible for the design, development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data.
• Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
• Leads material review board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
• Utilizes the structure process of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
• Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
• Conducts program quality cost account management and manages supplier corrective actions.
• Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
• In this role, you will liaise with Supply Chain and manage supplier certification documentation, supplier performance portal and special processes.
• Work consists of making basic adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems.
• Identifies, defines and addresses general problems that are typically within the immediate job area.
• Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis
• Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas to drive down supplier DPPM and nonconformance rates
• Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality and delivery metrics
• Provide training for basic quality methodologies to support supplier partnerships
• Support programs assessing potential new suppliers
• Create commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives for Client Primary Commodity Teams
• Implement Supplier Partnership concepts with focus suppliers
• Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems
• Perform and evaluate root cause and corrective action to correct product/process deficiencies
• Perform elements of Advanced product Quality Planning (Process Flow Diagrams & Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, and First Articles)
• Performs other Quality Engineering tasks as assigned to support the Quality Management System of the organization
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in operations, supply chain and/or quality
• Minimum of 4 years utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience auditing a Quality Management System
• Working knowledge of SAE AS5553, AS6174, AS9100 and Government Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs) 252.246-7007/7008 or equivalent required
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience or 4 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.