- 191404 - Production Planner
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $29 to $39.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Planner for an opening in Torrance, CA.
• Work directly with Program Managers, Operations Managers, and attend program meetings to monitor schedule and part changes.
• Work directly with Operations, Purchasing, Accounting, Receiving, Quality, and Stockroom to maintain flow of material.
• Conduct finite capacity scheduling in support of the master production schedule, plan and manage all production scheduling and material related activities for new product introductions
• Define finite production schedule, and partner with Operations to ensure on time delivery to plan.
• Launches all production orders, monitors the flow of material through the production line and partners with Operations to mitigate any schedule attainment issues
• Monitor delivery dates and expedite material with Purchasing to maintain material requirements to MRP.
• Review and approve ECO’s for new components releases and revision changes. Disposition stock, WIP, and open orders as specified.
• Review bill of material for structure, accuracy, and planning parameters to ensure they are set up appropriately.
• Review and action excess and shortage reports with Purchasing.
• Monitor weekly shipments, assuring that production lines are achieving 100% on time delivery.
• Facilitate kick off meetings as required for material management of new programs.
• Review new sales orders on a daily basis and ensure all orders are entered and driving material accurately.
• Identify critical material deliveries and ensure program requirements are prioritized though the supply chain as well as internal efforts (i.e.: Receiving, Inspection and Stockroom, internal processing).
• Manage the cycle count process on programs, including creating cycle count sheets, entering data, and reconciling variances.
• Manage/monitor backflush process.
Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to work well with others, good decision making skills, and the ability to think innovatively.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed analysis (what happened) and present summary root cause (why it occurred), and improvement plans (How to fix it)
• Thorough knowledge of MRP systems, supplier lead times, and production cycle times.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including two bin systems, 5S, and other problem solving techniques.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Previous experience and knowledge in Material Planning/Capacity Planning/ Production Planning required.
• Minimum two years experience in material/production planning.
• Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, operations or related area, and/or APICS certification, or 5 years related functional experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.