- 191417 - Software Engineer
- Up to $55.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Dayton / Beavercreek, OH.
This position will be supporting n the development of various simulator system testbeds.
- Support software development activities, execute technical tasks throughout the software development lifecycle, research new technologies, and adhere to best practices based on customer requirements and goals.
- Support Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and LVC training through the development of software utilizing Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), High-Level Architecture (HLA) or similar protocols
- Work with the SW engineering team to develop and/or integrate software components for application development, and conduct unit testing to ensure all unit-level requirements are satisfied. Duties will include executing all levels of testing and validation events as well as the test and build process to ensure that developed/integrated software components function and interoperate as required within and between systems.
-Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented programming in languages such as C/C++ or Java.
- Proficiency developing software on Windows and Red Hat and/or similar Linux systems.
- Ability to work independently under regular direction as part of an engineering team.
- Flight simulation, aircraft systems and distributed simulation.
- Computer graphics (OpenGL or DirectX), networking and the GIT version control system.
- F-16, F-22, F-35 OFP systems and avionics.
- Secure software development processes based from the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Containerization and virtualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree plus 0-2 years related experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.