- 191495 - Electrical Technician
- Lexington Park
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Technician for an opening in Lexington Park, MD.
This position is a critical component of manufacturing avionics communications equipment. The primary focus is manufacture and repair of mission essential communications equipment for helicopters.
Primary function of this role is the fabrication and repair of circuit board assemblies. Fabrication includes soldering extremely small components using a microscope to properly place and solder the components.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• verifying proper parts have been provided by the stock room
• soldering surface-mount and through-hole components on bare circuit cards in accordance with IPC/J-STD-001 soldering practices
• inspecting the completed card prior to submitting the card to Quality Control
• making any necessary corrections/repairs after QC inspection
• repairing previously-fabricated circuit cards by removing/replacing failed components
• IPC / J-STD-001 Solder Certified.
• Fabrication of circuit card assemblies with surface-mount and through-hole components.
• Significant experience using a microscope to place and solder components.
• Familiarity with Shop travelers and production procedures and processes.
A minimum of three(3) years of soldering experience is a requirement.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.