- 191514 - Scientist I
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $26.00 DOE
- 7 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
Learn and comply with policies and procedures set forth by departmental standard of procedures and work instructions.
• Prepare and initiate all procedures and documents under supervision
• Perform affinity chromatography - primarily Protein A/G
• Perform some ion exchange chromatography, SDS Gel Electrophoresis, HPLC, and endotoxin testing
• Opportunities to flex into cell culture team
• Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
• Input data and observations into databases accurately and efficiently
• Revise documents (SOPs, batch records) as necessary
• Initiate problem reports related to production issues
• Maintain lab supply inventory and re-order as needed
• Perform inventory transactions as necessary
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products with emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word
• Strong laboratory mathematical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player (demonstrated experience working in support of a successful project team)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Works well in a metrics-focused environment
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Cell Biology, or life science related field
0-3 years of experience in a related field, preferably in a GMP manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.