- 191766 - Sr Trade Compliance Associate
- Grand Rapids
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Trade Compliance Associate for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Prepare government license applications including Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA), import and export licenses and permits.
- Ensure that all requirements are met prior to the use of a license exemption under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or exception under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), to include record keeping and reporting.
- Ensure that technical drawings and other documents include proper identification via export disclaimers, destination control statements, public release authorizations, and Company proprietary notices.
- Assist in verification of the jurisdiction of commodities, software, and technology.
- Conduct restricted party screening on all transactions to include customers, freight forwarders, suppliers, et al. Resolve false positives.
- Assist in coordinating international shipments and offshore procurements by preparing Shipper and Importer Letters of Instruction (SLI / LOI), filing US Customs & Border Patrol (CBP) Electronic Export Information (EEI), and securing pre-approved customs brokerage services.
- Support International Consultant, Distributor, and Representative agreements regarding jurisdiction determination, licensing requirements, ITAR Part 129 Brokering requirements and ITAR Part 130 Reporting of Political Contributions, Fees, and Commissions.
- Familiarity with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Familiarity with US Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR)
- Familiarity with Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Requirements
Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through education combined with experience. Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.