- 191790 - Engineering Technician
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician for an opening in San Diego, CA.
• Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
• Collects and evaluates operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
• Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the engineering process.
• Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
• Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
• Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
• Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
• Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Academic knowledge of electronics, mechanical, solid state technology, microprocessor and computer technology sufficient to function in fields of electronic technology including industrial, solid state, mechanical, digital, robotics, microprocessors and computers
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, layouts, wire lists, and prints
• Usually functions in an engineering design, development, and test environment laboratory with exposure to noise from machines, which may require certain protective equipment such as goggles and ear plugs
• May lift medium weights
• Academic or working knowledge of these types of equipment: Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, digital meters, micrometers, calipers, terminals, assorted gauges, volt ohm meters, logic analyzers, and assorted mechanical or electronic testing equipment, computers, and related utilities and computer controlled test equipment. Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Power Point, Excel.
Associate's Degree or certificate from an accredited technical or military electronics program or recognized school
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.