- 191805 - Sr Design Specialist
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $50 to $65.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Design Specialist for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
• Design mechanical and electrical systems for large equipment
• Set-up, or supervise, an experiment in the lab, and analyze results with enough understanding of the results to make modifications or offer suggestions for additional analysis or testing.
• Install diagnostics and complete the set-up for testing.
• Identify solutions to problems.
• Prepare and submit for review task or project progress reports.
• Obtain project deliverables, overseeing the necessary processes to insure deliverables form, fit and function.
• Effectively communicate with customers (internal/external).
• Execute project management skills; accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
• Take an approved concept and either create a drawing package and fabricate parts, or supervise the process.
• Anticipate, plan, and manage manpower requirements.
• Understand the company’s Quality Assurance Program and apply appropriate quality standards to a specific program.
• Recognize potential business/work and communicate to appropriate level.
• Work with, and sometimes lead, a team of technicians, engineers and/or scientist (design, analysis, fabrication, assembly, test, and/or installation)
10 years of experience
Comfortable with mechanical and structural analysis
• Familiarity with FEA
• Theoretical understanding and practical application of one or a combination of the following: electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical disciplines.
• Experience with electrical system design
• Experience with vacuum system design
• Experience with water/oil tank design
• Experience designing physically large parts and assemblies with thousands of parts
• Experience in electric field analysis is a plus
• Produce engineering documentation such as flow charts, block diagrams and schematics.
• Perform detailed mathematical calculations to establish trajectory adequacy and model dimensional consistency.
• Skilled at use of design tools such as ProEngineer, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Teamcenter, LabVIEW, Schematic
• Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
• Use MS Office products.
• Comfortable with PLM software
Professional Engineer qualification is a plus
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.