- 191840 - Global Trade Specialist
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Global Trade Specialist for an opening in Arlington, TX.
• Reports to the Director, Risk Assessment and Training
• Provides accurate and timely trade subject matter expertise to business teams
• Supports updating trade compliance policies and procedures
• Prepares briefings in support of senior executives
• Participates in the planning and supporting audits and other compliance visits
• Assistance in pre/post audit preparation work involving an external auditor
• Supports senior leadership in tracking notifications resulting from external audits through completing corrective actions
• Assists and conducts research in support of jurisdiction and classification special project
• Participates in supporting developing and deploying trade compliance training (course content, training plans, tracking completion)
• Efficiently and effectively manage a diverse workload with competing priorities and deadlines
• Complete all assigned duties on time
• Apply a thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITAR and EAR while performing duties
• Conduct analysis (determine root cause), perform research, and develop solutions to
assist solving complex trade-related activity
• 5+ Years’ Experience of ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations
• 3+ Years’ Experience working with USG Regulatory Agencies (e.g., Departments of
State, Commerce and Homeland Security)
• Analytical Skills
• Oral and Written Communication
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of management
Empowered Official desirable
• Working experience in regulatory environment (ITAR and EAR) in the aerospace/defense industry
• Experience with OCR EASE
• Experience using automated information management systems (i.e., Shared Electronic
• Business Process Management
• Records Management (i.e., Creation to Retirement)
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior trade compliance experience.
Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior trade compliance experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.