- 192045 - Assembler C
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $22.50 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler C for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
1. Performs core assembly per work instruction and engineering drawing.
2. Responsible for making sure that the completed core assembly is free from irregular sharp edges that could cut through coil form of the coil assembly.
3. Installs coil assemblies onto core assembly using mounting hardware and associated fabricated parts per assembly drawing and making sure that required electrical clearances between coil and core are maintained.
4. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors and/or design engineers.
5. Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
6. Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
7. Complies with company’s safety rules and regulations.
8. Performs other duties assigned by management.
Ability to read complex blueprints, winding specifications and schematics. Ability to work with small hand and power tools. Good finger and hand dexterity. Thorough understanding of transformer fabrication. Basic reading and writing skills generally acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Possess a manual strength for heavy assemblies. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands, fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
High School diploma or GED. One year certificate from college or technical school desired. Must have 2-5 years related transformer production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.