- 192168 - Manufacturing Engineer Lead
- CA-Central California
- Up to $72.00 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Lead for an opening in Goleta, CA.
• Directs the development of plans and activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
• Optimizes program production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
• Plans and administers program procedures and budgets.
• Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor and is responsible for managing two or more of the following activities related to operations: manufacturing, production planning, manufacturing engineering, test, quality, or shipping/receiving/stores.
• Develops schedules and manpower requirements for program requirements.
• Develops, implements and analyzes manufacturing plans and projects and communicates them to internal and external customers.
• Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
• Develops high level manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes.
• Ability to work in a strong matrixed organization with cross functional groups/teams while meeting and exceeding set goals & metrics.
• Cost technical and schedule performance are part of the key deliverables.
• Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products.
• This role will be responsible for the transitioning of a developmental R&D program into a manufacturing production program. (Prototype to full production of complex large electro mechanical assemblies).
• Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
• Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
• Up to 25-40% travel.
• Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have in-depth knowledge of project management and EVMS.
• Requires proficiency with MS Project & Critical Path Analysis.
FAR/DFAR knowledge would be desirable.
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
• Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.